Placing the Right Hound in the Right Home
An Important Message from Keystone Greyhounds
July 2016 - An update on our transition
We are in the process of transferring our assets and some of our responsibilities to Wheeling Island Greyhound Adoption.
This process is a lengthy one and will not happen overnight. In the meantime, with the exception of new adoptions and promoting adoption through meet and greets, Keystone will continue doing business.
This includes meeting our financial and support responsibilities. There are bills to be paid, insurance, car maintenance, financial support for special needs dogs, etc.
- Questions and concerns with dogs adopted from Keystone will be answered.
- We have made arrangements for previous adopters to get dogs from the adoption kennel at Wheeling. They will be vetted but not fostered. If you are interested, simply contact Dianne.
- Wheeling Island Greyhound Adoption will be handling returns.
- The lost dog program will be in place forever, until the last Keystone dog is gone.
- We hope to have a reunion of adopters and their dogs in the spring.
- Keystone's Face Book page will continue, hopefully with YOUR pictures, stories about our dogs.
- Keystone's web site will be on line as a source of information until the transition is completed.
- We are hoping for a final edition of our Needle Nose News.
When the transition is complete, we will inform you of how the lost dog, support and adoption plans will work.
We promise to keep you informed of our progress as the details develop. There are several greyhound groups in our area who, I'm sure, would welcome your volunteer help if you feel you want to continue to work with Greyhounds.
Thanks for your continued support and understanding.
If you have questions, concerns, etc. contact Dianne at email@example.com or call 717 234 1860 and your questions will be answered.
After 12 wonderful, successful years of adopting out over 950 retired racing greyhounds, Keystone Greyhounds is going out of business. Our last greyhounds found their forever homes on June 12th.
This was a very difficult decision for our President and Board members, but it was the right decision for our group.
Our main focus now is to ensure all of our Keystone dogs and our Keystone families have the support they need long term.
The board considered several options and has voted to turn over our assets and obligations to Wheeling Island Greyhound Adoption,
headed up by Pam Webb. We have worked closely with Pam for the last 5 years, with nearly all of our dogs since 2011 coming from
Pam. We know Pam's strong commitment and knowledge of the dogs and many years of experience make her the best choice possible.
Pam will be handling all of Keystone returns for as long as there are Keystone dogs.
We know many of you are disappointed to see Keystone end. We share your feelings but this decision was absolutely necessary.
It's been a great run, especially for those 950 greyhounds. We thank you for all your support through the years.
Click here to read the letter from our President, Dianne Shadle, to our Keystone members and families.